We’ve been teaching the girls how to be a leader.
Lately, we've been working on this especially
in terms of how to take care of and teach our new puppy, Kimmie how not to jump, to sit, etc.
The girls were getting the dog hyper the other day and she’d jump
up on them and then they fell down… and got pounced on.
So we had a big discussion about how to use a “firm” voice
and set the rules for the dog and be the leader. "You are the one in charge. The dog will listen to you, but you must act like and be the leader."
This afternoon they were playing and Sophia somehow ended up
on the ground (I was on the phone with Kevin) so I hollered out- “Sophia you’re
okay-- get up—don’t get on the ground—stand tall!”
She picked herself up and came to me and said, “Momma- I
just can’t do it! I can’t be fierce like
Gracie.”
I love how she said fierce - not firm... to me it was really the same thing
“Oh yes you can,” I said.
“ You can be strong and use a strong voice!
You’re the leader! “
I kissed her and sent her back out to play.
After awhile she ran back in—
“Momma! I did
it! Kimmie came up to jump at me and I
held her head- not too hard- and said No Kimmie!
Down—but I said it fierce! I can
be fierce! But uhh…not too fierce! A Good kind of fierce!”
I said, “Yes! Great
job Sophia! Yes! You can be fierce! You are a strong leader! “
“Like you Momma! I’m
so glad you’re my Momma and you teach me good things! Love you!”
And off she went to play!
Had to write this down!
Wow!
Love my little girls-- who aren't so little anymore —who are fierce and strong and mighty!


No comments:
Post a Comment